To better meet the evolving management education needs of our
students, the UC Davis Graduate School of Management faculty
modified our MBA degree requirements for graduation. All
students enrolling in fall 2011 must complete the IMPACT core
students enrolling in fall 2010 must complete the
9-core course option. Students who enrolled in the MBA
program in fall 2009 or earlier may complete their degree under
either 6-core/3-breadth or 8-core option.
Requirements for Graduation:
- Complete the appropriate required courses (see below).
- Students must successfully complete a total of 72 units.
- Students must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- No more than 6 units total of Group/Independent Study (298/299),
MBA Consulting Center projects (498), or Field Study (499)
can be counted toward the 72-unit requirement.
- If a student waives or tests out of a core course, he or she must
complete additional elective coursework to replace the
- A candidacy form (2 pages), Degree Check Worksheet AND New MBA Graduate Data Sheet
must be submitted by the appropriate quarterly deadline.
- Beginning Fall 2010: Complete at least six
quarters in residence at UC Davis.
- Complete Career and Leadership requirements (Daytime
Required Core Courses:
Areas of Concentration
If you have any questions about this change, please contact Academic and
Student Services at 530-752-7658.